SAS plugin causes Outlook to freeze looking for "My Server"
Clinton Davis -
When the SAS plugin is enabled and you start Outlook, it automatically tries to connect to the default metadata server. If it is not able to connect, it will appear to freeze Outlook.
1. Make sure you are able to connect to the SAS Metadata server. If you are on a campus wired connection, you should be able to by default. If not, you will have to be connected to the campus VPN service.
2. You can disable the plugin in Outlook. You won't have access to any of the features until you re-enable the plugin.
- File -> Options and select Add-Ins.
- At the bottom where it says Manage, make sure COM Add-ins is selected and click the Go button.
- Uncheck the SAS Add-in 6.1 for Microsoft Office.
- Click OK.
- Close and restart Outlook